Skip to main content

The Cry of a Struggling Soul

THE  CRY OF A STRUGGLING SOUL.

When I look at myself from within,
I know that in sin I am still living,
And with guilt and condemnation still struggling;
For with the world I'm already blending.

Though I desire from every sin to be free,
My flesh and self implies me to feel the glee;
"God's grace and mercy will forever be",
That it'll ever be remains my helpless plea.

Deep down in me, I know 'tis  not right,
But the tempter makes me feel I'm alright;
And then like a dumb sheep, along I play,
Even though silently within I pray.

Deeper and deeper in sin, I sink,
I'll eventually repent one day, I think;
Resting assured in the lies of the evil one:
"Don't worry, have a little more fun".

Void resolutions are what I make everyday;
"Today I'll get myself out", I always say,
"With fasting and grave remorse, I'll pray";
Alas! I end up living the same old way.

The times when in church I did get revived,
In tears I determined to pray and break through;
Then at the expense of my comfort, I survived,
But the days of my survival were so few.

Rising and falling, I become unstable,
Living my spiritual life in a circle,
Deep down, I know I'm contemptible,
But the throne of grace is still accessible.

I feel the Lord will consider all my goodness,
And just neglect all my backwardness;
But the Lord is no respecter of persons,
This particular sentence to me still frightens.

I know what to do, but I just can't,
My prayer of repentance has become a chant;
I hope that the Lord to me His mercy would grant,
And to me a new heart will replant.

I determine to pray and stand,
I determine to strengthen my mind,
I determine to rise up with vigour,
I determine to endure the rigour.

I don't want to be a cast away,
Lord, come and have your way;
I still want you to use me,
Jesus, help me.

I pray in Jesus name!

© Dahunsi Samuel Tolulope - 2018

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SECRET SINS - A God-Inspired Poem

SECRET SINS (Tell my acts, not my secrets) “Hey! See that brother; he’s just too devoted, I should call him the P.A to the Holy Spirit. Such a wonderful brother, to be candid; And with the world, he doesn’t affiliate. Now, take a look at that sister over there, From her appearance and modesty, you could tell That things of the world don’t seem to move her; So innocent she is, like an angel!” Well, what if that’s just your myopic view, In that, true saints are only but a few; They just might seem not to flow with the tide, If only you knew all what is inside! ******* Dear brother, worker, leader, pastor, Knowest thou not what thou doest in secret? Never was it actually a secret before, The eye of the Lord hath already seen it. Though untold, you were a role model to us, A perfect Christian you were, in our eyes. So, the word ‘Christian’ could be ambiguous; All the while, you just acted in disguise. Poor brother! What actually took place? Is it the devil?