Skip to main content

SECRET SINS - A God-Inspired Poem

SECRET SINS
(Tell my acts, not my secrets)

“Hey! See that brother; he’s just too devoted,
I should call him the P.A to the Holy Spirit.
Such a wonderful brother, to be candid;
And with the world, he doesn’t affiliate.

Now, take a look at that sister over there,
From her appearance and modesty, you could tell
That things of the world don’t seem to move her;
So innocent she is, like an angel!”

Well, what if that’s just your myopic view,
In that, true saints are only but a few;
They just might seem not to flow with the tide,
If only you knew all what is inside!

*******

Dear brother, worker, leader, pastor,
Knowest thou not what thou doest in secret?
Never was it actually a secret before,
The eye of the Lord hath already seen it.

Though untold, you were a role model to us,
A perfect Christian you were, in our eyes.
So, the word ‘Christian’ could be ambiguous;
All the while, you just acted in disguise.

Poor brother! What actually took place?
Is it the devil? Or totally your fault?
Zealously, you were running the sacred race,
Until that comely hurdle you couldn’t vault.

Alas! You fell into sin.

And since it actually didn’t seem obvious,
Despite the Spirit’s caution, you still relapsed.
Oh! For more morsels, you were so desirous,
Till your conscience gradually became seared.

By divine orchestration, you heard that message:
God was still merciful, wanted to liberate you;
You were about to be freed from sin’s cage,
But Lucifer wasn’t ready to bid adieu.

Ready you were to quit the sin that day,
For you were really pricked in your heart;
Then smart devil masterminded his own way,
As in your mind, he replayed the sinful delights.

Now you know you’re trapped but seems you can’t help,
Your inner man keeps letting out unheard yelps.
The more you continue, the more your soul you mar;
Yet, you enjoy it heedless of the scars.

Your life speaks ‘tell my acts, not my thoughts'
Your secrets shall, very soon, be revealed.
Did you for once have an afterthought?
Soon your converts, your works, by far will exceed.

How sad!

Oh! How miserable is he that secretly sinneth,
And yet trieth to preserve a godly character.
Secret sinners are worse than those who’re downright;
Rather be one thing or else the other.

Today, you might successfully conceal it,
Tomorrow, you’ll have to cover up with a lie.
You can't even enjoy the sin you commit,
'Cos openly you'll just have to deny.

You could always patch up,
Nobody would figure;
Unto you, they all still look up,
Everything looks fine, for sure.

You live in constant fear
You’re afraid to be seen
The shame, you can’t bear
All’s played on Heaven’s screen.

You should be scared,
Dread the final day.
You’re now vulnerable,
Satan can have his way.

You know the way out;
You don’t need to be told.
Strive desperately to get out,
Even if it costs fourfold.

Deal with them now!
The next trial might be destructive!

Shalom!

©Dahunsi Samuel Tolulope
March 2019.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cry of a Struggling Soul

THE  CRY OF A STRUGGLING SOUL. When I look at myself from within, I know that in sin I am still living, And with guilt and condemnation still struggling; For with the world I'm already blending. Though I desire from every sin to be free, My flesh and self implies me to feel the glee; "God's grace and mercy will forever be", That it'll ever be remains my helpless plea. Deep down in me, I know 'tis  not right, But the tempter makes me feel I'm alright; And then like a dumb sheep, along I play, Even though silently within I pray. Deeper and deeper in sin, I sink, I'll eventually repent one day, I think; Resting assured in the lies of the evil one: "Don't worry, have a little more fun". Void resolutions are what I make everyday; "Today I'll get myself out", I always say, "With fasting and grave remorse, I'll pray"; Alas! I end up living the same old way. The times when in church I did get